Introduction to NZAPWS
The New Zealand Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (NZAPWS) was established in 2012 to bring together producers and users of steam (fossil, industrial and geothermal) and associated industries and academic researchers in New Zealand to share experiences and knowledge.
Members include fossil and geothermal electricity generators, industrial steam users and food/dairy processors, water treatment equipment and services providers, related water/steam hardware suppliers, Universities and the Measurement Standards Laboratory of New Zealand.
NZAPWS provides a link to the International Association for the Properties of Water and Steam (IAPWS) and forms the New Zealand branch of IAPWS.
NZAPWS hosts a annual meeting for the sharing of information and networking between NZAPWS members. As well as technical presentations and discussions this meeting often is combined with a relevant industry training seminar often with international IAPWS experts in attendance.
NZAPWS is managed by a committee with the following members:
- Chairperson David Addison, Thermal Chemistry Limited, Vice Chair, IAPWS, Power Cycle Chemistry Group
- Secretary Ian Richardson, Mercury Energy
- Member Jeremy Lovell-Smith, National Standards Laboratory of New Zealand, Callaghan Innovation
- Member Tony Oosten, Fonterra
- Member Marty Templeton, Visentia
- Member Andrew Dine, Solenis
- Member Peter Slijp, Solenis